HUOMAA: SMT:llä ei ole resursseja vastata siitä, että tässä listassa olevat linkit ovat edelleen toimivia, koska eri organisaatiot uudistavat jatkuvasti sivujaan ja linkitykset voivat silloin muuttua.
Merentutkimusyhdistyksiä muissa maissa
Kotimaisia alan sivuja
Kansainvälisten järjestöjen sivuja
Eurooppalaiseen merentutkimukseen liittyviä sivuja
- http://www.oceansatlas.org/ – the United Nations Atlas of the Oceans is an information system designed for use by policy makers who need to become familiar with ocean issues and by scientists, students and resource managers who need access to underlying data bases and approaches to sustainability.
- http://www.coml.org/ – Census of Marine Life, a 10-year international effort undertaken in to assess the diversity (how many different kinds), distribution (where they live), and abundance (how many) of marine life—a task never before attempted on this scale.
- http://www.ioinst.org/ – The International Ocean Institute was founded in 1972 by Professor Elisabeth Mann Borgese as an international knowledge-based institution, devoted to the sustainable governance of the oceans.
- http://eu.oceana.org/en – Oceana, founded in 2001, is the largest international organization focused solely on ocean conservation, protecting marine ecosystems and endangered especies .
- http://www.worldoceannetwork.org – The World Ocean Network is an international association working to raise public awareness about the importance of the ocean for humanity and about the impact that our everyday actions can have on the marine environment.
- http://wwf.panda.org/index.cfm – WWF
- http://www.global–oceans.org – Global Ocean is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the conservation of marine life.
- http://www.gcrmn.org/ – the Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network
- http://www.savethehighseas.org/ – The Deep Sea Conservation Coalition
- http://www.iamslic.org/ – The International Association of Aquatic and Marine Science Libraries and Information Centers (IAMSLIC) is an association of individuals and organizations interested in library and information science, especially as these are applied to the recording, retrieval and dissemination of knowledge and information in all aspects of aquatic and marine sciences and their allied disciplines.
- http://www.marinetalk.com/ – MarineTalk, is a marine community focusing on all aspects of marine offshore and naval engineering technology, equipment, ship systems, and marine parts suppliers.
- http://www.lib.noaa.gov/researchtools/subjectguides/wind/windandsea.html – WINDandSEA: The Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences Internet Guide
- http://www.thew2o.net/ – The World Ocean Observatory is dedicated to information, education and public discourse about the ocean defined as an integrated global social system.
- http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/globalmarine – The National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS), located in downtown Santa Barbara, is a research center of the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- http://www.fishbase.org/home.htm – A relational database with information to cater to different professionals such as research scientists, fisheries managers, and zoologists.
- http://cioss.coas.oregonstate.edu/ – Cooperative Institute for Oceanographic Satellite Studies (CIOSS).
- http://www.globec.org/ – GLOBEC, a study of Global Ocean Ecosystem Dynamics
- http://www.ioc-goos.org/ – The Global Ocean Observing System
- http://oregonstate.edu/dept/IIFET/ – The International Institute of Fisheries Economics and Trade (IIFET), an international group of economists, government managers, private industry members, and others interested in the exchange of research and information on marine resource issues.
- http://www.iobis.org/ – OBIS is an evolving strategic alliance of people and organizations sharing a vision to make marine biogeographic data, from all over the world, freely available over the World Wide Web.
- http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/ – The National Oceanographic Data Center (NODC) is one of the national environmental data centers operated by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- http://www.imli.org/ – The IMO International Maritime Law Institute was established under the auspices of the International Maritime Organization, a specialised agency of the United Nations.
- http://www.wmu.se/ – The World Maritime University (WMU) operates under the auspices of the International Maritime Organization (IMO), a specialized agency of the United Nations. WMU thus enjoys the status, privileges and immunities of a UN institution in Sweden.
- http://www.emecogroup.org/ – The European Marine Ecosystem Observatory (EMECO) is a consortium of European Marine Institutes that aim to integrate marine environmental monitoring, ecosystem modelling and coastal and ocean research.